The Centre has built up one of the most diverse collections of VR hardware in Europe, over two sites.
- Flexible octave system including reality room, immersive cubes, octagon, and other novel configurations
- Haptic Master, Phantom, and Phantom Pro force feedback systems
- Large format LCD videoconferencing systems
- Trimension "sphere section" reality centre
- Passive stereoscopic access grid node
- Two 3D printers for rapid prototyping
- High bandwidth compute cluster including Nvidia Tesla
- Campus wide 10G research network
- Trimension relocatable reality centre frame (currently on loan to BBC)
- Diverse optical and magnetic tracking systems
We have just completed installation and upgrade of a major new facility which will underpin research within the centre, and provide compute and visualisation facilities to the University. See 'octave' on the left for more details.