How To Find Us
We are located one the top floor of Newton Building (research), and in Business House (enterprise), both marked on the campus map linked below.
Manchester International Airport (15 miles from Campus) offers many direct international and UK flights. The No.44 bus links the airport with Manchester City Centre. The Piccadilly Bus Station or Arndale stops provide the most convenient interchange for buses to and from the University. Please note that a taxi journey from the airport to Salford may be subject to a cross boundary surcharge. There is a rail link between the airport, Manchester Piccadilly and Salford Crescent. Trains leave the airport for Manchester Piccadilly every 15 minutes. By road the route from the airport to the campus is via the M56, then either M63 and M602 or A5103 and A57.
Inter-City services normally operate to Manchester Piccadilly. Between there and Salford Crescent Station on the edge of the campus there are approximately two trains per hour each way (four in busy periods). These runs from platforms 13/14 at Piccadilly and call at Oxford Road and Deansgate en route.
From the motorway system we recommend the following exit points (the direction in each case is Manchester/Salford):
- M6 : A580 (junction 23) or M62 (junction 21a)/ M602 leads directly to the Peel Park Campus.
- M61 : (from Northwest) M62 (junction 1) / M602.
- M62 : (from east) A56 (junction 17). Follow into Manchester and turn right onto Trinity Way and right into Chapel Street.
- M62 : (from west) M602 (junction 12).
- M63 : (from south) M602 (junction 1).
There are detailed maps of our campus and approach routes at the main University webpage at http://www.salford.ac.uk/travel/.